This is a horse trek designed for first timers and beginners as well as for experienced riders.
All our treks have pre-set dates for people who want to join, but we can also organize them on your choosing if you have a group between 4 and 7 people, depending on our timetable.
The trek takes us from our stables in the city of Petrila up to Horse Village in the Sureanu Mountains where we spend the first night, going through various trails on the mountains in the second day and spending the night in our 2nd camp, and return to the stables the third day.
Example Horse Trek:
We meet up at the stables at 10:00 where you will be briefed up on the basics of riding, paired with your horse and begin the ride to the mountains. Your backpacks will be taken to the camp for you, so you won’t have to carry it with you on the horse. The ride to the mountains takes between 4-7 hours depending on which trail we choose and on the phase in which we ride. We take short breaks every hour and everybody receives guidance every step of the way to improve your riding skills.
When we arrive at the camp your backpacks will be waiting for you and you will receive the keys to your cabins. There will be a two-course meal served that evening and a variety of drinks for you to choose from. We’ll be having our hot tub warmed prior to your arrival and plenty of hammocks tied between the trees for you to relax after your long ride.
We’ll be having breakfast between 8:00-10:00. We pack up, saddle the horses, and start riding to the 2nd camp. The trail takes between 3-6 hours, as we have multiple trails, and we personalize them for each group. We either stop for lunch during the ride or we have it at the 2nd camp, depending on the length of the trail we take. Once we arrive in the 2nd camp we relax. Dinner is served at around 20:00.
We’ll be having breakfast between 8:00-10:00. After everyone has packed, we’ll saddle up the horses and ride back to the stables. We’ll arrive in the evening; we’ll give treats to the horses and meet their other friends in the stables. Your backpacks will be waiting for you there.
- A horse suited for your needs
- Protection equipment
- Two professional guides
- Accommodation for the night in our A frame cabins
- All meals included
- All drinks available at the camp (palinka, wine, traditional herbal liquors, and non-alcoholic drinks)
- Access to the hot tub, hammocks, bows.
What you’re expected to bring?
- Comfortable clothes and a rain jacket (in case we catch a rain)
- A bottle of water that you can take with you on your horse
- A good attitude so that we can have an amazing experience together
- Be over 18 years of age. Kids over the age of 12 can only participate accompanied by a parent or legal tutor
- Be under 110kg (note that we only have two horses available to carry people between 95-110kgs
- If you suffer of any condition that you think might affect your riding please contact us and our doctors will advise you whether you can ride or not